Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Simple Words


It says:


First, I was dying to finish my high school and start college


And then I was dying to finish college and start working


Then I was dying to marry and have children


And then I was dying for my children to grow old enough so I could go back to work


But then I was dying to retire


And now I am dying…


And suddenly I realized


I forgot to live



Please don’t let this happen to you


Appreciate your current situation


And enjoy each day


…old friend



To make money we lose our health,


And then to restore our health we lose our money....


We live as if we are never going to die,


And we die as if we never lived....




2 comments:

Jude said...

Good advice. Right now, I'm in the "dying to finish college and start working" phase. But there's so much work! How am I supposed to live and enjoy this? Ahhhh!!

PS I'm an intern at FinePrint. Nice to meet you :)

Ingrid said...

Hey Judith, nice to meet you! And I remember that phase well. But you'll miss it when it's gone (somewhat) :-)