Monday, June 2, 2008

Joining the Blog World...Finally

My agent and writer friends suggested I start a blog before my first novel is published. So...here goes! Honestly, I hope I have enough to say...I'm definitely an amateur here. So for starters, this is what's in my world right now:

About Writing:
I have a fabulous new (new as of April) literary agent, Colleen Lindsay of FinePrint Literary in New York. She will soon be shopping my first (and second?) young adult novel to publishers. I am so excited! My second novel is in the works and is way too much fun to write.

About the Family:
My husband is currently shopping for mountain bikes so we can crash through the 700 acres of woods near our house. What fun! My four-year-old has his first music recital (through preschool) next week. He gets to play a xylophone (he can even spell xylophone) so he is very excited. BTW - his music CD collection is now officially larger than mine and he can identify Fallout Boys, Three Doors Down and Paolo Nutini on the radio quicker than me. Amazing.

The Dogs:
My faithful running companions are two yellow labs named Max and Brandy. They are 9-years-old and we've had them since they were babes. Spoiled rotten and very entitled, indeed. Max is still competing in agility with me and shows no signs of slowing. We compete in AKC agility at the excellent level.

Other Stuff:
I am training for my second half marathon, which takes place on June 29. This will help me train for the (gulp) Portland Marathon in October. I can't remember a day when something didn't hurt. Why do I do this? Good question...

Anyway, feel free to stop by and say hi!

6 comments:

The Swivet said...

ABOUT DAMNED TIME!!!

Welcome to the cybersphere!

Editorial notes coming soon... :-)

Ingrid said...

Thanks! Had to happen sooner or later, right? Looking forward to the editorial notes and burying my head in revisions :-)

Susan Adrian said...

Welcome, Ingrid!! I'll add a link to you. Of course that means you have to keep blogging, or I'll ruthlessly delete it. :)

Susan

Ingrid said...

Susan,
You'll keep me honest in the blog world (Okay, I almost said 'honest to blog' there, but restrained myself) :-)

Susan Adrian said...

No, don't restrain yourself!! Silliness and puns are always appreciated.

(what am I SAYING?) :)

Unknown said...

Congrats, Ingrid! Hope you enjoy your time in 'blog world' and that you feel better real soon.

--Sherry Z.