Sunday, June 8, 2008

There's No Charge for Awesomeness

We took our four-year-old to Kung Foo Panda this afternoon and that's my favorite quote. It was a cute movie and I think I ate a whole tub of popcorn. My son has now come down from his Skittles high and is in bed, hopefully not dreaming of becoming a kung foo fighter.

The great news from today is my brother and his fishing partner won their first fishing tournament. Yey! This is their second? summer on the tournament circuit and their first win. Unlike the dog agility show circuit I am on, my brother actually gets a big check when he wins. I am very proud of him. He is an expert fisherman and also makes and sells his own lures. He should write his own book on fishing Washington state lakes.

Hey, now that Lost, Grey's Anatomy and House are done for the season, any ideas on good shows? I love my down time in the eve...I may have a crazy schedule, but veg time in front of the TV is soooo important! Maybe it's time to break down and join Netflix.

5 comments:

Susan Adrian said...

Oooh, we saw Kung Fu Panda with the 6-year-old on Saturday. I didn't expect to like it, but I really did. :) And I laughed out loud at that line too!

Join Netflix. It's worth it.

Ingrid said...

I love it when we can enjoy the same movies as our child. Makes entertaining so much easier. As for Netflix, I'm going on their site today. I didn't realize they had HBO shows as well. Yey!

The Swivet said...

Um, hello? BATTLESTAR GALACTICA!!!!!

K. said...

Hey I was going to say that!! Okay, so there's second on BSG. It's really addictive. I wasn't addicted to much in the previous TV seasons except that and Heroes.

We went to the moves yesterday, too. How weird is that? My daughter chose Prince Caspian over what I was pushing for (Indiana Jones). She wants to see Kung Fu Panda, too. *sigh* I'll never get to see Indie.

Ingrid said...

Yeah okay, so I am the only one in my family who has not seen BSG. Isn't it a little late for me to jump into that series? Kind of like me asking someone to start watching Lost?