Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dang, it's HOT

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE sunshine and high temps. But the air is just not moving out there. We need a good old fashioned thunderstorm to freshen things up (after I give Brandy an herbal tranquilizer, so she can handle it).

The Husband is off playing poker tonight and The Son is passed out already after a hard day of playing in the wading pool and sprinkler. So...I have an nice, quiet evening ahead of me, YEY! I'm planning a big pasta dinner to gear up for my 16 mile training run tomorrow. I may even rent a cheezy chick flick. I know, I know...my life is SO exciting.

5 comments:

Sushi said...

You know, with a night to yourself, you could learn to knit. Join us.... ;)

Ingrid said...

A good friend of mine is a knitter. She and I were pregnant together and worked together (had our kids two days apart). I was tempted after seeing the beautiful things she knitted for my son...then she moved to Evanston. Just don't know that I'd be very good at it ;-)

Sushi said...

One excellent thing about knitting is that you don't actually need to be very good in order to make people go, "WOW!" To a non-knitter, any hand-knit item is practically alchemy.

Mind, I've got knitting on the brain right now. I've got to get this frakking book edited, and so all I can think about is sticks and string. That's the biggest downside: if you get hooked, you might as well give up your spare time right there. ;)

Ingrid said...

Ah, if only I HAD spare time. But knitting sounds like a great wintertime activity, and the yarns I've seen are very yummy. Now go edit!

Sushi said...

The irony of wintertime knitting is that your finished products are usually ready for spring. ;)

I'm workin' on it! Nearly 30K words left to cut, and I can think of a maximum of 10K that can go. This thing's gonna kill me. Ack. Ack. Dying ack. Dead.