Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy August, Goodbye 30's

This is the last week I can say I am in my 30's (gulp). Yup, turning the big 4-0 on Saturday. I'm kind of looking forward to it in a weird way. Just a new chapter, right? The husband is throwing a party at the house Saturday evening and I'm trying to get the backyard in shape for it (think red paper lanterns, candles, tiki torches). Our son will go to grandma's for the night, so it's actually a grown up party!

So, turn 40, make a book deal (through fabulouso agent) and run a marathon. Kind of a wacky to do list. What's next?

Random things happening right now:
  • My brother and his friend ranked #6 in the state for fishing tournaments, so they are invited to some big national tournament next year.
  • Max is doing great with his recovery and I'm hoping he can get back to agility in two weeks.
  • My long training run this week will be my longest run EVAH, at 15 miles
  • I will need a massive dose of Advil and a massage after that run
  • My birthday is August 9 (did I mention that already?)
  • I need to be more disciplined with book #2 and am hoping to hear from my agent soon on book #1.
Happy summer everyone!

4 comments:

Sushi said...

Am I the only person who's kinda looking forward to 40? I'm 31, pass for a teenager (I was mistaken for 15 a few weeks ago), and am just ready to outgrow pimples and being carded. Well, not so many pimples, fortunately, but summer kills my skin.

Have fun at the party! And remember, being older just gives you more of an excuse to do aaaaaanything you want.

K. said...

Happy belated birthday, Ingrid! We're both Leo's. ;-) And you look absolutely fabulous in that birthday pic!

Ingrid said...

You're 31 and pass for a teenager? ENJOY THAT! Seriously, that's cool.

Thanks Kelly (fellow Leo, when is your bday?) The pic was from my cell phone as I couldn't find my camera all night! Too much wine I guess ;-)

The party was a blast and I am still eating leftovers...uggh.

K. said...

Mine was July 30th... Just made it in on the Leo action. :)