Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm Committed!

Okay, I did it...I registered for the Portland Marathon on Oct. 5. It's a fun marathon, so I hear. Live music all along the route, interesting course, high number of women participants (54 percent, or something like that). The Husband and I will drive down together on Saturday morning and spend the day kicking around Portland after I pick up my race packet. We are also going to stay Sunday night so we can hit the town after the marathon (if I am still coherent). then Monday we will drive home through eastern Oregon so we can see the fall colors and buy fresh apples from a local orchard. You really haven't had an apple until you've had one straight off the tree from an orchard in eastern Washington.

Had a great run tonight. It was blustery, rainy, cool. Perfect weather for a long run. Kind of sick of running in the heat, so it was a nice reprieve. I took each dog out for 2.5 miles each (they like to run seperately), then ran the final 3 by myself.

Song that pushed me on the last mile: "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC (Seriously!)

1 comment:

K. said...

Good luck in the marathon, Ingrid!! :)