Monday, August 25, 2008

Random Monday Things

It's Monday, it's raining and I'm lovin it. Maybe because I grew up in Seattle I have a twisted sense of what I think is good weather? But after too much sunshine, I welcome a couple days of good, hard rain. After all, it's what makes this part of the country green! And...the rain always gives me a better time on my runs. Yesterday I had an awesome 12 miler in the pouring down rain. It was GREAT. Other random things for a Monday:

  • My 4-year-old learned how to lock the bathroom door from the outside, so no one can get into the bathroom. How'd he do that?
  • The dogs have decided the pigeons who keep visiting our pond are pure evil, and sound the Labrador alarms with great gusto every time they show up. It's quite rattling to the nerves.
  • Max is back in agility after his surgery. He still looks like a patchwork quilt, but the hair is starting to grow back. I can't wait until we're competing again.
  • The PGA tournament this weekend was fun!
  • Someone on my runner's forum said duck tape for my blisters is the ultimate solution. Is there anything duck tape can't do?
  • My son is still completely enamoured with Curious George. Does anyone think the man with the yellow hat is a bit odd? Maybe I've just been watching too much. I really should be writing.
  • Countdown to the Portland Marathon has begun. It's less than six weeks away (gulp).

Happy Monday to everyone!

No comments: